guardian - mobile text alerts
Peoples now offers real time fraud alerts for your Peoples debit cards. With Peoples Guardian, fraudulent activity can be recognized and stopped right away, which significantly reduces the likelihood that subsequent unauthorized transactions will occur. The service is free* and enrollment is easy.
Here is how the service works:
- A text message will be sent to your mobile device when certain high risk transactions occur on your debit card.
- If you do not recognize a transaction, simply follow the instructions in the text message and we will block all future transactions on your debit card to prevent any more fraudulent transactions. A new debit card will need to be ordered in this situation, so please call Peoples Customer Service number.
- If you recognize the transaction(s), you don't need to do anything. Your card will remain available for use.
- You have two ways to discontinue this fraud alert service. Text the word "STOP" (without quotes) in reply to a Guardian Alert or you may unsubscribe from this service on the web site.
- The number of alerts you receive will be based on your card usage.
- If you need help regarding the use of this service, you may reply to an Alert message with the word "HELP." You may also click on the "Service Usage Guide" link on the website or call (888) 868-8611
What you need to enroll:
- A Peoples debit card.
- A mobile phone/device capable of sending and receiving text messages.
Your card will only be blocked if you verify that the transaction is fraudulent. Please call Peoples to verfify the fraudulent transaction and order a new debit card.
*Message and Data Rates May Apply.
Please note: Some mobile service providers require that we send a 30-day subscription reminder message to their customers participating in the Guardian program. You will receive an alert message every 30 days reminding you of the subscription if your mobile service provider is Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin. The alert message will display as: "Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for Peoples State Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel."