May 14, 2020
Lobbies Remain Closed
Given the Supreme Court ruling, we are looking into reopening our lobbies. While we are excited to see you again, we’re taking precautions for the health of our customers and employees. We do not yet have a specific date for this, as we are waiting for further guidance and developing plans to ensure customer and employees safety.
We have implemented some changes and are still working on others to ensure social distancing once our lobbies are reopened.
- Continue practicing social distancing with individual appointments—but If sick, please use the drive-up or digital banking
- We are also working on protective barriers and personal protective equipment
Thank you for your patience as we ensure all our plans are in place for a safe environment for you and our employees. Please reach out to Customer Service at 888.929.9902 if you have any questions.
May 1, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Peoples will reduce our Rib Mountain location’s hours of operation. Effective Monday, May 4, Rib Mountain drive-up lanes will be open from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, along with Saturday morning 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. We made the decision based on caution for our employees and customer access patterns. Our Rib Mountain ATM will remain operational on a 24-7 basis. All other Peoples locations will remain unaffected.
Update April 16, 2020
A message from Scott Cattanach, Peoples State Bank President & CEO.
Peoples State Bank is providing the latest information on the stimulus relief checks that are being provided to Americans as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The IRS has provided a webpage for you to check the status of your economic impact payment. Here’s what you need to know:
If you did file either 2019 or 2018 taxes, then go to the Get My Payment webpage. The webpage has detailed information on what you need to check on the status of your payment. The IRS will send your stimulus payment to the account that you used for your 2019 tax return, or if you haven’t yet filed your 2019 return, they will use your 2018 information. Please note that the IRS may not have your direct deposit information if you did not get a refund from your 2019 or 2018 federal tax return. After inputting your information to check the status of your stimulus payment, you may receive a notice that requires you to provide further details. Here’s what you’ll need if that happens:
- 2019 or 2018 Federal Tax Return – So that you can provide your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). For 2019 Form 1040 or 1040-SR, look for your AGI on line 8b. For 2018, look for your AGI on line 7 on Form 1040. You will also need to know your refund amount or the amount you owed from the same tax form.
- Bank Routing & Account Number – If you want your payment to be deposited into your Peoples State Bank account, you’ll need to provide the Peoples’ Bank Routing number, which is 075911616. You can find that on the bottom of one of your checks. In addition to the Bank Routing number, you’ll need to provide your Account Number, which is the next set of numbers on your check as shown below.
If you didn’t file taxes in either 2019 or 2018, then go to the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here webpage. The webpage has detailed information on who is eligible, and what you will need to provide in order to get a stimulus payment.
You can find more information, and answers to frequently asked questions on the IRS’ FAQ webpage.
Updated April 2, 2020
Peoples State Bank is providing detailed information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, and how it impacts our customers, both our commercial customers and our personal banking customers. Click here to read more about topics including the stimulus checks, required minimum distribution for retirees, and the paycheck protection program for businesses.
Updated April 1, 2020
Business Resources During COVID-19
Peoples State Bank’s commercial banking team is ready to assist you during the COVID-19 containment efforts. Many of our customers—just like you—have reached out to us to find out how we can help them stay in business. Peoples wants to reassure you there are resources available to help your business rebound and establish a new normal. Click here for details.
Updated March 27, 2020
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Signed Into Law
After days of debate, the President signed today the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act into law. The law provides a $2 trillion economic rescue plan designed to help both individuals and businesses through the COVID-19 pandemic. The team at Ruder Ware LLSC shares their insight on the bill—click here to read their summary.
March 24, 2020
Providing Hope in a Time of Uncertainty
During this extraordinary time, Peoples State Bank is taking steps to help our customers and communities cope with the financial hardships they’re facing. As we have since we opened in 1962, we are here to help you now and during the future.
Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers released today his “Safer at Home” order designed to slow the COVID-19 virus. Peoples State Bank is considered an essential business and will continue to provide drive-up service along with limited lobby service by appointment. We ask all customers who are ill or have come into contact with someone who is ill, please do not make an in-person appointment.
Providing Financial Assistance
Peoples is providing our customers hope in a time of uncertainty by offering a number of financial programs to help if you’ve been impacted by COVID-19.
- 2020 Hope Loan – a $3,000 personal loan for current Peoples customers, with no payments for the first 90 days—click here for details
- Peoples Edge Plus Checking – providing peace of mind at a time of heightened security concerns with identity theft monitoring, reimbursement, and resolution services (with activation/registration)—with the $6 monthly service fee waived through June 30, 2020—click here for details
- Mortgage/Personal Payment Deferrals – providing deferral of payments for up to 90 days for mortgage and personal loans—contact your banker for details
- Business Customers – current business customers should contact your commercial banker to discuss what options may be available to help
- Suspension of Foreclosures – we’re suspending foreclosure actions on residential properties for 60 days, unless required by federal or government agencies
- Select Transaction Fee Suspension – we’re suspending low balance fees and excess withdrawal fees on Peoples State Bank consumer and business savings, money market and health savings accounts. These fees will be suspended April 1 – June 30, 2020.
Additional details on our response to COVID-19 are available on the Peoples State Bank website, or by reaching out to Customer Service at 888.929.9902. Check out our FAQ list which answers questions you may have related to our banking services during this time.
Committed to Our Customers and Communities
Peoples remains committed to our customers and the communities we serve throughout Wisconsin. We have temporarily suspended lobby access at all of our locations, while maintaining our drive-up banking and ATM access. We encourage the use of our digital and mobile banking products, which allow you to access your accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Our digital banking products provide you the social distancing needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. To download our mobile app, click here for Apple or Android. To set up digital banking on your PC, retail customers click here. For business customers, please call your banker for enrollment. Telephone banking may also be reached at 888.929.9908.
Caring for Our Customers
Please reach out to Customer Service at 888.929.9902 if you have questions or concerns, or call your banker if you would like to request an appointment. We will do everything we can to help you or your organization.
We see the potential in our community and are hopeful for the future. Peoples looks forward to serving you now and in the future
Committed to Our Employees
We’ve also taken steps to ensure the health and well-being of employees who remain at our bank locations to serve you with your banking needs. Peoples has expanded our leave policies to accommodate personal or family health-related circumstances due to COVID-19.
Brighter Days Ahead
Our country is testing for “carriers” of the virus, but I encourage you to be a “carrier of hope.” I believe the best days for you and Peoples State Bank are still in the future, and we’ll work together to reach those new heights.
President & CEO, Peoples State Bank
Updated March 20, 2020
Click here for our FAQ page, where you’ll find up-to-date information about everything from banking availability to account safety to cleaning efforts.
For more information on how you can protect yourself, please visit the CDC website.
Additional details on our response to COVID-19 will continue to be posted to this website page, or you may reach out to Customer Service.