A word to the wise: Take precautions when using your cards
We're sure that our customers in Wisconsin and beyond are extra careful with their credit and debit cards. Still, there may be rare occasions when a card is misplaced or stolen. If that happens, call us immediately so we can prevent anyone else from making withdrawals or purchases. Even when a card is in your possession, it could be vulnerable to people who perpetrate fraud. Be sure to keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) a secret. Don't use your address, birth date, phone or Social Security number as the PIN.
- To report a Peoples Visa® Credit Card lost or stolen, contact Card Member Services at 800.558.3424.
- To report a Mastercard® Debit or Health Savings Account Card lost or stolen, please call 866.546.8273 or login to the Bank Peoples App.
- To report an ATM card lost or stolen, please call 866.546.8273 or login to the Bank Peoples App.
Protection for Credit and ATM or Debit Cards
- Be cautious about disclosing your account number over the phone unless you know you're dealing with a reputable company.
- Never put your account number on the outside of an envelope or on a postcard.
- Draw a line through blank spaces on charge or debit slips above the total so the amount cannot be changed.
- Don't sign a blank charge or debit slip.
- Cut up old cards - cutting through the account number - before disposing of them.
- Open monthly statements promptly and compare them with your receipts. Or check your account online or via mobile banking. Report mistakes or discrepancies as soon as possible by calling the bank directly.
- Keep a record - in a safe place separate from your cards - of your account numbers, expiration dates, and the telephone numbers of each card issuer so you can report a loss quickly.
- Carry only those cards that you anticipate you'll need.