Sometimes you have unanticipated expenses or limited income. Leveraging your privilege, we will make sure your checks are paid, saving you credit damage and potential return check fees.
You should make every attempt to bring your account to a positive end-of-day balance as soon as possible, and must do so within 30 calendar days.
- Available protection on a Peoples checking account
- Covers checks and transactions using your checking account number
- Also covers automatic bill payments
- Does not cover ATM transactions and debit card purchases unless authorized by you
- $32 fee per overdraft transaction per item per occurrence
Peoples Check Protector
Get added overdraft protection through a pre-approved line of credit. When you spend more than you have in your checking account, money is automatically transferred.
- Automatic transfers in $100 increments
- $500 minimum line of credit
- Repayment in person or automatically from checking
- Annual and transaction fees apply
Peoples Balance Protector
You can designate another Peoples account to automatically cover any checking balance shortfalls.
- No annual fee
- No repayment necessary
- Automatic transfers from another Peoples account in $100 increments
- Transfer fee charged for each occurrence
- If the transfer account has insufficient funds, no transfer will take place and overdraft fees will apply
- Federal regulations may limit the number of transfers from savings and Money Market accounts
Peoples Check Protector and Balance Protector require a signed agreement.
Peoples Check Protector is subject to credit approval and interest charges apply.
We are not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient funds; however, as long as you maintain your account in “good standing,” we may approve your overdraft items within your current available Overdraft Privilege limit as a non-contractual courtesy for the following transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments